Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Water Works!

But without tears!


The Hubs, Grandma (my Mom), and I took Tegan to a local kiddie pool last weekend. I was a little nervous since usually at bath time as soon as she hits the water the rest of the time is spent screaming until the house shakes and the sky opens up, and the dogs head spins (you get the picture). But thankfully everything went great. It was the perfect day for a swim, about 90 degrees out and nice and sunny. So after our usual family dinner at Grandma's, we pulled out Tegan's lil swimsuit and trekked the few blocks to the pool. By the time we got there Tegan was asleep in her stroller. Ha! Amazingly there weren't a lot of people there on a hot muggy weekend day so at least if Tegan had decided the pool was not for here we wouldn't have a thousand pairs of eyes watching our failed expedition.

So I tentatively dipped her toes in the water and waited for a reaction...Nothing. So I dipped her a little farther into the water and waited for a reaction...Nothing. So I put her in a little flotation thing that Grandma had and waited for a reaction...AND...the little twerp fell asleep! I'm not kidding! At least it wasn't screaming! HA!!

We wrapped up the night with a bath to wash away the pool and sunscreen, and even the bath went off without a hitch. Maybe just maybe we've gotten past the ungodly hatred towards water. Here's hoping anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment