We had Tegan's 1st Birthday party last week, and if I do say so myself, it turned out really well! We even somehow managed to keep Tegan in a good mood despite the fact her schedule got screwed up! Since this was her first birthday I wanted to make it special, but lets be honest here- she's not going to remember it, the party is really for the adults at this stage. So while planning this whole thing I was trying my darnedest to not go overboard which is so easy to do especially with all the great ideas on Pinterest.
Oh Pinterest, you will be the death of me! Anyways...I started out with a 'Mad Hatter' theme for the party because for whatever reason Tegan thinks it's hysterical when people are wearing hats, but the end result had nothing to do with the original inspiration. Instead I ended up focusing on colors and textures.
Okay, enough with the boring dribble, here are the highlights of the party...
The decorations:
 |
| The dinning room. |
 |
| The living room... |
 |
| More living room- These were Tegan's monthly pics all lined up! |
 |
| And lastly- the Birthday Girls Seat all decked out! |
The food, yum...
 |
| The buffet line... |
We made Tegan's favorite food for the party, sloppy joes, and followed that with blueberries! We also had pretzel chips and gold fish, veggies and hummus, and green and red grapes. I jazzed up the buffet line with the professional pics we had taken a of her when she was first born, 3 months, 6 months, and 9 months (we'll be taking her 12 month pictures this weekend!).
And of coarse...
 |
| CAKE! |
I made Confetti cake with cream cheese frosting. Tegan had her very own cake, and cupcakes for everyone else.
At the last minute, I added some entertainment for the kiddies that were coming...
 |
| Azalea demonstrating the ball bit... |
 |
| And a tunnel and tent! If you look closely you can see cousin Eva hanging out in the tent! |
And...There you have it, the details from the party. This got long enough on it's own, so I'll follow up with the guests and birthday girl in the next post. I know you're all waiting on the edge of your seats, so stay tuned :)
Love the ball pit picture! We had so much fun!
ReplyDelete