So here's what you've been up to these days-
Weight: 13lbs 9oz, placing you in the 50th percentile on growth charts! A big jump from last month when you were 10lbs and in the 15th percentile.
Height: 24in, placing you in the 42nd percentile on growth charts. Another big jump!
Clothes: We just switched you to size 3-6 clothes, they're still a little big on you though. Some of your new clothes are the same styles you had when you were wearing preemie clothes which makes for a crazy comparison. It's hard to believe you were really that tiny! Maybe I'll try to get a picture of this up soon, it's crazy!!
Diapers: We just started using size 2 diapers. We pushed that transition off a little longer then we should have, but we were trying to use up what we had left of the size 1's. You're in such a hurry to grow that we still weren't able to get through our last box of size 1's.
Feeding: You love to eat! We're still breastfeeding and besides your fits of wiggles its going great. It's been a while since we gave you a bottle so I'm not sure how much you are eating these days. I suspect it's around 5 ounces. We have successfully managed several outings where I feed you on the go but we're still working out the kinks of that nursing cover. We also learned that you are NOT a delicate eater. Ha!
Sleeping: We're trying to get you used to a bedtime routine and so far it's been a little rough. We're changing how we go about it this week so hopefully you stop fighting us at bedtime. Once you're asleep though you sleep for a good long while. You're technically sleeping through the night and have been for a while, but you take your first 6 hours from 8pm-2-3am, and then after a late night snack go back to bed for another 6-8 hours. Your record so far has been sleeping for 9.5 hours straight! Way to go! You still have to be swaddled to get to sleep or you thwack yourself awake and cause a sad baby (and sad parents) We're hoping you'll be out of the swaddling soon.
Baths: You still absolutely HATE getting a bath! Hate is almost not a strong enough description for your feelings towards baths. You have started to tolerate them a little more and wait a good 10 seconds before screaming like crazy. I think everyone in the house hates bath time as much as you do now. The poor dog has taken to pacing the hall during your bath time waiting for you to stop crying, she's even brought you peace offerings with her favorite toys to try and help! I keep waiting for one of the neighbors to show up on our door making sure everything is okay. Ha! In all seriousness though, I do really hope we can get past this hatred of baths. I really want to take you to the pool during the summer, but I have a feeling we have to get over bathing before we try that.
Milestones: You support your head most of the time and only need a little help when you start to get sleepy. You've started to reach for things and manage to grab them some of the time. Rattles are your favorite thing to reach for these days. And when we do tummy time you've already gotten your legs underneath you and started to rock (you've been doing this since you were two weeks old though so no surprise there!). We suspect that you'll be cruising around sooner than expected since this immobility stuff seems to really tick you off. Ha! You've also started to discover the new world of jumping. You're favorite time to exercise this new ability is when I'm trying to burp you on my shoulder. So far I've avoided a bloody nose, but I'm sure I have one in my future.
Check Ups: We had your 4 month check up yesterday. Everything went well. As always the Doctors and nurses are in love with you. As we we're leaving I heard the nurses at the nursing station saying that everyone fights over who gets to be your nurse when you come in. Ha! The doctor thinks you might have reflux which is pretty common, so we'll be trying some different tricks to help you out with that. There's also some marks on around your knees that the doctor wants us to watch, but no ones all to worried about it.
I'm sure there are other things I had wanted to mention in here, but I've forgotten what they were. So we'll wrap it up with some pictures. Keep growing strong little girl!
![]() |
| Her new favorite face- did I mention she's starting to show her personality :) |
And because I'm a sucker for comparisons- That's the same stuffed animal in the above picture!
![]() |
| 2 weeks old! |



Love the tongue picture! And such a big girl :) Tell her she has to visit with Aunt Sara before she keeps gettin so big!!
ReplyDelete