Monday, June 27, 2011

Fathers Day

Last weekend was Fathers Day, the Hubs first! We kept it pretty low key around here, the Hubs didn't really have anything that he wanted to do (I'm pretty sure I was more excited about Fathers Day then he was. Ha!) And the only thing he asked for was some more books that he could read to Tegan. I was more than happy to add to the book collection since I get such a kick out of the voices the Hubs comes up with for the characters he's reading about. Lately we've been hearing about the adventures of Frog and Toad... ahh yay, good times!

We also had a visit from the FIL over Fathers Day. He flew in from NY on Friday afternoon, and stayed until Monday morning. It took Tegan a couple hours to warm up to him, but by Saturday she was only eying him with slight trepidation. Which if you know my FIL, slight trepidation is pretty good, he can be a bit of an odd ball at times, and some of the things he says can just be plane bizarre. I think the Hubs had to tell me a couple of times to just zone out what he was saying. If you think its hard to follow him during adult conversation, you should hear the kind of babel he carries on to a baby! Ha. The FIL is a good guy though, and it was great to watch him interact with Tegan. Before he left he mentioned he was hoping to make another trip out in August or September. I'm sure it has to be hard for him to be living so far away from his first grandchild.

But back to the point of this post, the FIL wanted to see the King Tut exhibit at the Science Museum, so the Hubs, his brother, and the FIL spent the morning in St. Paul while I slipped over to my Dad's with Tegan for a quick visit. After lunch we were all back here where it was pretty much business as usual, with a little extra story time mixed in. All in all it was a great first Fathers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment