Thursday, September 15, 2011

Babys First...

State Fair! We took Tegan to the State Fair a few weeks ago. I know, I know I'm falling behind. Better late then never. Anyway, I had really been looking forward to taking Tegan to the fair so by the time we went I had a long list of things I wanted to do with Tegan while we were there. Most of the things I wanted to do with her involved visiting anything fury. Tegan is so fascinated with anything fury I thought it would be a big hit. Since we were going to be there on traditionally the busiest day, I wanted to get there early to make sure we didn't have to fight the crowds with the stroller, and so that we could actually get relatively close to some of the animals.  So we actually woke Tegan up bright and early and managed to get out the door close to the time we had set for ourselves. As soon as we got there we went straight for the furry things. She was a little more hesitant than we expected, but still very fascinated.

"Umm...Dad...That's not our doggy, not even close!"

We made it through most of the barns and the pet center before it was time for the Hubs to do his thing. He had been invited to speak on a panel for the DFL booth to discuss the media in politics along with a few other political bloggers. They were introduced as prominent, and influential bloggers (channeling Inspector Gadget- "Go-go wif-y pride!") It was a lot of fun to watch him talk on the panel.

Hubs speaking on the panel in front of the DFL booth at the State Fair

While he was talkin' and doing his thing I met up with my parents and tried to get Tegan to take a much needed nap. I did manage to get her to sleep for maybe about a half hour, but as soon as she heard Daddy's voice over the speakers she was roused from her sleep in search of where his voice was coming from. It was pretty cute, except for the missed nap part which came back to bite us in the ass.

After the Hubs panel, and with the Grandparents in tow we decided to try some more furry creatures while Tegan had a renewed good mood. This time around went more like what we were expecting. She was very curious about everything and was trying to reach out to all the creatures.


She really wanted to pet this guy, but he we were pretty sure he was thinking baby fingers make a good lunch.

Alas, around 4pm the little trouper told us she had had enough, and my feet agreed whole heatedly. Considering we woke her up around 6am, and only managed to get her to shut down and take a nap for about 20 minutes around noon, I was pretty impressed she made it anywhere close 4pm! With a parting visit to Sweet Martha's we were retreating to the comforts of home where Tegan promptly passed out in her crib...it took an additional two days to get back to normal (read- she was fussy as all get up!)

Not bad for our first State Fair, there was good company, great food, and fun for all!

*No fury creatures were harmed during their meetings with our daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Babies and animals... too cute.

    Very cool that Hubs was speaking at the DFL panel! He's 'influential' now, eh? I like it!

    ReplyDelete