Tegan, my little trooper, just cut her first tooth!! Color me surprised!! Which, okay fine, other than the milestone of a first tooth of my first child it isn't that uncommon of an event. Everyone has to get teeth at some point, it's how this whole growing up thing typical goes. So why the big font and italics drawing extra attention, and the theatrics making it seem like I just discovered how to achieve cold fusion, and oh by the way in my spare time I created world peace attitude?
Well fist off, she is my first, and it is her first tooth, so there deal. That alone is enough reason for a celebration. But the mind blowing part is that she didn't show any of the typical signs of serious hard core teething! No over the top fussiness, no bouts of uncontrolled crying, not even the hint of a fever, or even any extra redness on her gums where the tooth was trying to break through! About the only thing she did do was increase her 'chewing' on things. She put just about everything in her mouth I would let her, and she become very interested in her actual teething toys. Lately she's even been sleeping longer at night instead of the hellish nights you usually hear about from parents with a teething child.
I think this new development surprised her as much as it did me. There she was, minding her own business playing in her bouncer and gnawing on a teether when BAM! Out of nowhere she completely lost it seeming to be crying for no reason! To achieve maximum cry volume she had her mouth open as wide as it would go providing me with a clear view of her new budding tooth! Looking back I'm pretty sure she discovered her new pearly addition by biting her lip- thus providing a now understood reason for the before mentioned freak out.
This is turning into one crazy week! And it's only Tuesday! I might just be in trouble here.
Next up the rest of the in-laws come to town for a visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment