Finally!
After some scheduling frustration we finally got in for Tegan's two month check up- even though she is 11 weeks old now! Oh well, it all worked out okay. I really liked the Dr. we saw (our primary pediatrician is still on maternity leave), we were laughing throughout most of the appointment. The tears started when we had to do the first round of vaccines. My poor little girl went from smiles to screaming in two seconds flat. Then she didn't stop screaming for about 15 minutes. It broke my heart!
I was really worried about how Tegan's system would respond to the vaccines. I have a really sensitive system when it comes to any kind of shot. So bad in fact that whenever I get a shot or vaccine I have to make sure someone is sitting with me for a half hour afterwords in case I have some kind of reaction. I'm also super allergic to one of the shots Tegan received. When I received the vaccine as an infant my Mom says she didn't even get me to the car before she was rushing back in to the Doctor. Thinking about that situation now that I'm a Mom, I can't even imagine! It must have been so scary. I was having a hard time with just the low grade fever Tegan was running from the shots!
But atlas, all is well that ends well. Tegan was super fussy the rest of the day, but I can't blame her. And her low grade fever was coming down before I even put her down for bed. A sigh of relieve all around.
She is now: 10lbs 0.5oz, and 22in long.
No comments:
Post a Comment