Happy First Easter Tegan!
We spent the day over at the Grandparents place (my parents). Some of the Hubs family were able to come too so all together we had my parents, and Tegan's Great Grandma, the MIL, my step sister and her husband were able to stop by, the Hubs brother and his girlfriend. It was a little crazy! I was starting to feel overwhelmed with everyone there so I'm sure it was a little bit of an overload for Tegan too. It was still a great day though. My Mom cooked a great brunch, everyone was going back for seconds. I had a little too much myself and woke up with a stomach ache the next day, but it was soo worth it. Ha! The weather even cooperated, it was so nice out I went for three walks!
But what family get together would be complete without a little family drama? We had enough to share with anyone who thinks they missed out. My Mom and one of my sisters are having some...disagreements. With the current lack of communication there were a few feelings hurt. My Mom thought my sister and her two kids were coming and had a whole Easter Egg hunt set up for them, and my sister thought she hadn't been invited to Easter so didn't come. It was a real bummer. I had really been looking forward to seeing my niece and nephew hunt out the eggs. The worst part is that the whole situation could have been avoided with a call from either of them to the other. Hopefully the lesson was learned and they'll work things out, if not I'm thinking of staging an intervention between those two.
Also a little more MIL drama. I can't decide yet if I'm just blowing this way out of proportion, but the end result is still me being annoyed. When the hubs and I slipped out for a walk we left Tegan with all the Grandparents. I had just finished feeding her and put her down for a nap so I figured it was safe to step out for a little bit. Apparently right after we left Tegan woke up (I have my doubts she woke up on her own), and the MIL was the first to respond. Now here's the rub- the MIL started searching out a bottle of formula! I have no problem giving Tegan formula, we actually make a point to give her formula every now and then to make sure she wont refuse it if we need it, but I had just finished feeding her. And since I am nursing, giving her a bottle without my knowing can really mess things up! Thankfully my Mom stepped in and reminded the MIL I had just feed Tegan, and confirmed she was not hungry just fussy. Like I said, I don't know if I'm overreacting to this, but it really doesn't sit well with me!
Not to distract from the day with all this drama, Tegan's first Easter was really nice. I was so excited to put her into her Easter dress. We even had a back up dress in case she messed the fist one (this happens often for some reason at Grandma's place) I can't wait for when she's big enough to go on an Easter hunt with all her cousins. By next year she'll have a lot more cousins to hunt out eggs with, that will be exciting!


No comments:
Post a Comment