Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

Yesterday was my first Mothers Day! The Hubs made it a great day for me. I had told him that all I wanted was a lazy day to spend with him and Tegan. Our weekends get so crazy that I just wanted to hide away and spend time with my new family unit. The hubs even surprised me with a digital picture frame and some chocolate. It was definitely a great day.

About the only thing we did do yesterday was get Tegan's 3 month pictures taken. Tegan wasn't quite her bubbly self unfortunately. We still got some great photos but the shoot did not go as well as we had hoped. I think the studio was just to warm for her, for all of us really. She was pretty fussy and kept spitting up. She actually spit up on her outfit three times before the shoot even started. My poor baby. But like I said there were still definitely some cute pictures, and I'm super excited for them to come in.

Next weekend when my Mom is back in town we'll be doing something for her. As cliche as it sounds-now that I'm a Mom it really does put a whole new perspective on things with my Mom. I think back to some of the Mothers Days in the past and think I really didn't get it before. The beauty of hindsight right?

So here's to a great first Mothers Day, and many more Mothers Days to come. I'm so looking forward to celebrate them with Tegan as she gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment