Friday, May 20, 2011

Bad Mommy Award

I won my first "Bad Mommy Award" this week, it broke my heart. Tegan and I were playing on her play mat when I decided it would be a good idea to switch to reading since it had been a while since we had read a story. I went to pick Tegan up off her mat and thought it would be fun to add a little flare to the maneuver and go from the floor to swooshing her just over my head. We've done this before and she likes it so I didn't think twice about it. Unfortunately this time around there was a ceiling fan/light just above us. I swooshed her right into one of the light globes and bonked her head on the edge of it. She wasted no time making sure I was aware of my mistake and started crying. It took about 10 minutes to get her to calm down. I was feeling pretty awful. She now has a crescent shaped mark on the top of her head from the light. Its fading quickly but I can still see it.

Tegan's Piglet Lovee Helped calm her down afterwards

Her boo-boo (It really wasn't that bad- I just felt awful for doing it in the first place)

I know these things will happen, and this is probable only the first of many "Bad Mommy Awards", but that doesn't make you feel any better when your little one is crying as a direct result of something you did. And usually its something pretty stupid you've done.

2 comments:

  1. Awww. I totally know how you feel. I brought azalea into my work on Wednesday and when i was taking her out of her carrier, I smacked her head on the handle...in front of everyone and she started screaming. Embarrassing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww :( Poor mommy...I bet it was a lot worse for you than it was for her. You're right, this stuff happens all the time. Not bad mommy, just human mommy! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete