This month has really just flown by again (as is evident by my lack of posts again. Sigh). I have a feeling the next few months are going to fly by even faster with holiday festivities starting. Especially since it is officially holiday season in my book. I'm so looking forward to your first holiday everything, but for now here's where we're at:
Weight: 14lbs 9oz. Unfortunately that's not a typo. At your last check up at 6 months you were 14lbs 7oz. Although there is also a little confusion around this since according to the Dr's office you lost weight, but the paper work they sent home with me shows you gaining a few ounces. Which ever record is right, it still doesn't spell out a good situation. I've been worried about your weight for a while, so when I read the scale at your appointment I was close to tears. Meal times lately have become a battle and I'm not sure how to get past that. We'll go back for a weight check in a month to make sure you're not losing anymore. For now though you've fallen to into the 1st percentile for weight.
Height: 27in, moving you up to the 31st percentile.
Head Circumference: 17in. placing you solidly in the 27th percentile.
Clothes: You're getting closer to filling out your 6-9 months clothes. With any luck next month your update will read that these are fitting you correctly.
Diapers: You're still comfortably rocking out in the size 3 diapers
Feeding: We've made it so far through the teething troubles, and are continuing to breastfeed. You have officially bitten me a few times and it is NOT fun! We tried sneaking in a bottle to give me a break and chance to unclench my teeth, but the nipple on the bottle confused you and instead of eating you decided to use it as a teether. Oops. Guess we haven't been doing so well keeping you used to a bottle. Sigh. At least you've only bitten me a few times. My best guess is that you're eating around 5-3 ounces a feeding. With any luck I'll get this back up bit more.
As of the first of this month we have you eating 3 meals a day of solid food. You still prefer fruits to anything else, and I have yet to find a way to successfully sneak in any meat. When I make a concoction that's fruity enough you'll gobble it all down, usually about 4oz a sitting. But if it's not fruity enough to mask the veggies we sneak in you'll literally turn your nose up at it. The one thing we have found that you'll eat even better than fruit are rice puffs! Holly cow you scarf those down. You'll actually throw a little baby temper tantrum if I try to take your puffs away!
Sleeping: You have created a pretty rock solid schedule for yourself these days. It's pretty easy to guess when you'll be waking up, and when you'll be going down for a nap. You're still sleeping through the night, but you have been edging towards a more 'normal' wake up time. This doesn't always go over well when I drearily stumble to your crib without an ounce of coffee in me yet, but we're working it out. Lucky for me you think it's hysterical when I drink coffee. Ha!
Baths: Sigh...we're back to hating baths again. I really think it's that you HATE being cold. Can't blame you there.
Milestones:
Crawling: You are officially all over the place. If you see something you want to investigate you don't hesitate to wiggle your way over to it. Wiggle being the operative word! You still don't have crawling in the traditional sense figured out, meaning on hands and knees, but you have modified the army crawl to work for your needs. You can definitely pick up speed when you're motivated too. No sign yet of pulling yourself up to a standing position, but you're working on figuring it out, I can almost see the wheels turning as you're trying to figure out how to make it work.
Teething: So far you seem to be snow plowing through teething. You have two teeth on the bottom, and you've been working on a few on top too. You're still usually a pretty laid back teether, but you have your moments. Again I can't really blame you for this. I even took a brush up coarse in teething this month when my wisdom teeth started acting up. Sympathy pain? Perhaps, the bottom line was still 'OUCH'!
Talking: This month you've been working on your weird sounds! This resulted in a disclaimer to Grandma when she took you for an over night. You've developed your own version of a silly laugh that has the unfortunate side affect of sounding like you're gasping for breath. It's a dead give away when you break into the giggles afterwords though. Ha! There's a few other noises that you're working on, and Hubs says we need to work on a few that don't sound like a medical emergence :) We've also learned that the best time to practice your noises is when you are cruising around. At least I can always hear where you're at!
Check Ups: You had your 9 month check up this week. As I mentioned at the beginning there are a few concerns about your weight. You really are a very tiny peanut. We'll have to go in again in a month to see how you're doing. I'm glad we'll get another check up before you're 12 month appointment though. It also conveniently works out to get your second flu shot. Sorry in advance for that! Other than your itty bitty size, everything looks good. So we just have to get you to eat a little more.


Awww I'm sorry about the weight gain stuff. I haven't dealt with it since Azalea was a newborn, but I remember that - on the verge of tears, feeling like you're doing everything you can, but it's not working. It's so stressful. Hopefully she is just burning extra calories from all the army crawling :) Keep me posted on her next appt!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the support Melissa! I'll definitely keep you posted :)
ReplyDelete